Pilgrims



Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?: And I said, "Here am I; send me!"

~Isaiah 6:8


Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Official Blog Entry

This is pretty scary - opening up my thoughts to the web!

To my fellow "Stepping Up" pilgrims, I hope we can use this tool to grow during the week as we study the Psalms of Ascent together.

I have to say that laying flat out and submitting myself to God each morning has required the most effort for me as far as releasing inhibitions (even when I know I am totally alone in my house!). There is something about being in a position of total submission that works on my own pride and helps to create an attitude of humility before I begin reading the Word.

Here is a great invocation I came upon that has helped me prepare before I stretch out:



O God, whose grace and mercy flow like

an endless river from your great being,

help me now to place myself in the path of your

rushing love and limitless compassion,

that I may find my spirit renewed.

Amen


(Taken from"A Guide to Prayer For All God's People" p. 280)

What about you? What helps you get started each day?

1 comment:

The Nester said...

Hi Jaye! Thanks so much for starting this--I look forward to the discussion and love coming on Tuesdays.

Since we've started this study I have been getting out of bed late every morning! You know what that means. So for me, just getting myself out of bed before all those menfolk in my family is a great start to preparing myself!